Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sundial Cabernet Souvignon



My roommate had found this interesting wine from the depths of the Bellingham Grocery Outlet in Bellingham, WA. for $3.99. Not too bad... From a shallow point of view, this wine looks pretty good. Nice label, simple 3-tone graphic with a cool logo. The name also makes this wine intriguing; Sundial. The wine however is nothing to write home about. The flavor doesn't really jump out at ya, while the tannins do; overcompensating the integrity of the wine. It is mellow, like a cab should be I guess. Listen to me, it sounds like I know a lot about wine. Truth is, I'm no expert. I enjoy drinking wine. I do find some wine reviews to be a little pretentious. If my reviews ever sound pretentious (my title aside) then comment and call me out. Back to Sundial. I liked it. It did help me to overcome a rough hangover. Plus, it tasted pretty damn good alongside Andy's chicken broccoli stir fry, with Ween providing the background music.

Cheers to a Friday night...

-Carouser

RATING: 3 of 7 Radness points
LABEL: 6 of 7 Radness points
PRICE: $3.99
REGION: California
PLACE OF PURCHASE: Bellingham Grocery Outlet

No comments: